Friday, 15 November 2013

mini mojo quilt reveal


My mojo quilt has found it's way to it's new home in Australia,  
so I am at last able to share it with you.
It is actually called Susan's Mojo 
after my friend Susan asked me to send her 
some mojo..
and so another quilt is born.
I am very proud of this one
I think it is my best work to date.
In fact I think I work best when I know it's a gift....
must be the love!







 

The nitty gritties

This mini is hand pieced using the English paper piecing method
although the pattern from Linda Sewards Country Quilts book
is machined.
I have used a mix of modern and vintage fabrics,
the back is a rosali print from ikea
and the binding is my fav Joel Dewberry herringbone.
The quilting is also a mix of machine and hand quilting.
The size approx 25 inch square.
 The label is hand embroidered.
Thank You xxx

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!! Lucky Susan! Gorgeous pattern and even the label is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely gorgeous. Susan is a very lucky lady - but very deserving too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is lovely! i am always a big fan of your color selections/pairings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! If that doesn't getSusan's mojo back, I don't know what will! It is simply amazing Clare...as always. I would be hard pressed to pick out a 'best' work from you...they are all your best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's absolutely gorgeous.
    Love the backing fabric the most.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really gorgeous! I love the mix of fabric you used. Very unique and special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mini looks really at home in your place...I hope I can find it a happy home here! Thank you again Clare! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan is lovely and so are you. I love this mini and how nice to share your mojo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful quilt Clare!
    Lucky Susan!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another stunning epp quilt! Love everything about it - the colours, the pattern and the mojo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just now came across this and, wow! It is utterly perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - this is beautiful - I may have to try some EPP and see what I can make. I am sure your friend loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great!
Add yours here.
I'll be sure to check out your blog if you do xx