Over the weekend I resurrected an old friend.
I'd forgotten how tough hand sewing heavy fabrics is,
I would rather be getting on with my Liberty shell project
but I'm not quite set with the final design.
I started this quilt to use all the old fabric that has lingered here for too long.
Therefore the quantity of fabric I have dictates which one
gets used next.
I have decided to keep with the rounds,
I think it already looks like something from a western
so I'm avoiding a cliche star quilt.
Earlier in the year I bought a washable glue pen
with the intent of making my life easier.
Being a traditional girl I have resisted
Instead of basting my fabric with thread
I've stuck the template to the fabric as seen in the middle pic.
The glue seems quite a weak solution
I guess so you can wash it out and remove your papers
I will let you know how it goes.
Anything to save my fingers would be great
especially with these heavy weights!