Monday, 3 June 2013

iris and june


 Well we didn't have to wait too long.
Thank goodness for the sun,
it could easily have been a damp squib of a flower.
So what do you think?
 I have to say I was a tiny bit underwhelmed that it wasn't very showy
(compared to cultivars)
but to be truthful I placed it next to the pond
where I'm creating a wilder look..
so natural is good.
I think this may be the start of a new love affair..
I can hear you say what with Mr frog?
haha very funny!

On writing this post 
seeing the photos en-masse
I cant help thinking they remind me 
of a certain painting by a certain Vincent...
*Iris Germanica

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Simple flowers are always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wonderful! Nature never ceases to amaze me....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it is beautiful! Well worth the wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks stunning.
    Your garden is wonderful.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colour! Have you tried kissing the frog - you never know your luck! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Is that rhubarb??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, that frog picture is a fun surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your little pond and that frog! I love frogs...we never see them anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. She sew, she gardens...do you cook too?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clare, those are so amazing flowers! They are shouting: we want to be an art quilt! x Teje

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great!
Add yours here.
I'll be sure to check out your blog if you do xx