Tuesday 10 July 2012

a word from my sponsors

 Being an independent quilter I don't rely on sponsor's*
for my fabrics.
However I do have my own fabric sponsors
they are my family and friends.
 Last week was my birthday week
and it was overflowing with fabric.
The first was a luscious bundle across the pond from my pal Mary
I'm sure you have all met her by now,
but if not go take a look,
she is a true inspiration.
Thank you Mary!!
 Another bloggy friend who is never empty handed
gave me these two above.
Fabric is fabric,
I don't care if they've had a past life,
I can give them new lives.
The turquoise has already been chopped!
 The very pretty rose floral is a huge pair of  rescued curtains
courtesy of my Mother in law.
I thought they would make great outdoor cushions or
hang them as they are!!
That was until I found this beauty.
£5 from a charity shop!
I think it's vintage...it's called anemone from fothergay.
There is at least 5 metres of  it.
I think it would make an awesome door curtain for our new extension,
just don't tell the old man!
How lucky am I?
I think I shall make a new resolution
that my birthday week will always
contain fabric in some form or other.

*ps I'm not immune to the idea of a fabric sponsor,
I'll do anything for fabric!

21 comments:

  1. Belated Birthday Wishes to you
    Belated Birthday Wishes to you
    I hope that your wishes
    find a sponsor or two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A belated Happy Birthday to you. Your new/old fabrics are gorgeous and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make. Have fun!
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated Happy Birthday wishes Clare! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All such lovely fabrics! The linen from Mary looks especially luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see that you had a fabric filled birthday and such loving sponsors :o) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! Happy Birthday! So glad your birthday was full of fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabric for birthdays is the best! Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is something just wonderful about fabric with history isn't there? I often wonder where it's been and what it meant to someone. I think it's great that we recreate with it, you make some fantastic quilts, happy birthday for last week, Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous fabric, all! And what nice friends you have - I need some like that! Ha! And happy birthday, belated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very lucky girl indeed. Happy Birthday! The turquoise is my fave! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Sounds like it was a great birthday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A girl can never have too much fabric - especially on her birthday! Happy Birthday. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's my birthday today! What a creative bunch we July babies are! I'd love to "sponsor" you with a little birthday fabric.....if you'll share your address with me????

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely wonderful. Ive lost my sewing Mojo at the mo, but I swooned over your fabric. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday. Love your new stash. especially the turquoise one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. aww belated happy birthday! I love your approach to fabric and quilting and you have fuelled my addcition to making Rose stars! I adore them so much. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Belated birthday.
    Lovely fabrics
    Julie xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy belated birthday Clare!! Gorgeous fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That charity shop fabric is gorgeous and a BARGAIN!!! Well done ~ fabricy gifts are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely post! Happy Belateds and all that ... Loving those florals xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. That first/last floral is absolutely stunning. What a find! And happy birthday =)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated.
However you may find your comment doesnt appear,
dont worry its the thought that counts!
You can always find me on Instagram if you have any questions.
Clare x